On 1 March 2019, ICASA implemented new regulations that pertain to data bundle limits. These regulations are also applicable to Vodacom Business users, and failure to give consent to continue using data at out-of-bundle rates after an existing bundle has been depleted may lead to the disruption of data service for Vodacom Business users.
Please take note of the following information if you are a Vodacom Business client.
How can the new regulations affect your business?
ICASA’s new regulations require all data users to give their consent to go over data bundle limits once a current data bundle has been depleted. These regulatory changes, which were implemented on 1 March this year, may also have an effect on Vodacom Business clients, potentially leading to the disruption of their data service, should business owners not complete a Data Management Consent form.
To keep your business and employees connected, and to access out-of-bundle rates of R0.49/MB (reduced by Vodacom from the previous rate of R0.89/MB) business owners are required to complete a Data Management Consent form and return it to Vodacom as quickly as possible.
Prevent your business from running out of data
Business owners can also avoid running out of data by selecting a Data Refill Bundle, which will keep their business connected without having to access data at out-of-bundle rates. Data Refill Bundles cannot be transferred or rolled over.
Data Refill Bundles will automatically be allocated once all data bundles on an employee’s line are depleted.
• Top-Up lines: At R0.30/MB, business owners can select R3 for a 10MB Data Refill Bundle. To set up Data Refill Bundles on the Top-Up lines in your business, complete the Data Management Consent form and the Data Refill form, and return to Vodacom as soon as possible.
• Contract lines: At R0.40/MB, business owners can select R12 for a 30MB Data Refill Bundle. To set up Data Refill Bundles on the Contract lines in your business, complete the Data Management Consent form and the Data Refill form, and return to Vodacom as soon as possible.
As mentioned previously, failure to complete the forms mentioned above may lead to the disruption of your business’s data service. If your data service has already been interrupted due to the regulatory changes, the data services on your business lines can be restored in one of the following ways:
- Call Vodacom Business Support on 082 1940 (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- Send an email to the Vodacom Business Helpdesk (only available during business hours).
- Contact the Vodacom Business Managed Service Desk by dialling 082 1948 between 08:00 and 17:00 on weekdays.
- Contact your Vodacom account manager.
If your employees have self-service enabled, they can:
- Call Vodacom Business Support free from their Vodacom line (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- Dial *135# to buy data bundles or consent for out-of-bundle charges.
Employees can also buy new data bundles using their personal credit cards by accessing the My Vodacom App.
Once you have completed the relevant forms, they may be returned to Vodacom by emailing them to OOBManagement@vodacom.co.za.
For any enquiries regarding the new regulatory changes, feel free to contact Vodacom Business Helpdesk during business hours.